Saturday, January 2, 2010

Denver

We (me, my father, Alexis & Dominique) just made it to Denver but Bill had a long day and is asleep so we weren't able to see him. He did have a pretty good day according to the nurses and Natalie, his mother. He is slowly eating more, starting physical therapy and is much more alert. The best news of the day is that his chest tube is now out. His blood tests are back and most things are getting better except he still has an infection somewhere that is growing. Now that he is out of the ICU I haven't been able get answers but tomorrow I plan on tracking down the right people to answer my questions. I am sure the hospital is going to just love me! (For those of you that know me really well, I promise to be kind).
The nurse from the day shift told me that Bill is the nicest, most polite patient she had even worked with. My biggest fear is that Bill won't tell the nurses he needs something because he doesn't want to be a bother. Honestly Bill is one of the nicest guys that I know and I am very grateful that he is my husband.
Bill has not been alone since the accident happened, I was there for the first 3 days with my brother Jeff and his mother has been with him since. Once she leaves I will stay in Denver with my father. My plan is that Bill will always have a family member or friend with him.
Thanks again to all for the help, love and concern.
~Christine

No comments: