Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday has been a good day.....

Today was a great day for me because my Dad and I were able to spend tons of time with my sweetheart Bill and I was able get Dominique and Alexis in to see him for a few minutes. Kids aren't allowed in to the hospital right now due to the flu but I worked some magic.
I think he had a pretty good day. He has gained more use of his left arm and I even noticed improvement throughout the day. The physical therapists are slowly working with him and today I saw him sit up with the help of a brace and the therapists . Each time he tries he has makes more progress. Yeah Bill!!! They also did another swallow test that he was able to pass so now he is on a regular diet. One of his favorite things is Pepsi and luckily they have a machine down the hall so he was able to have a few sips of his favorite soda.
He is scheduled to have a skin graph on his right lower arm in the morning. I was finally able to speak with the ortho surgeon and the plan is to do both ankles on Tuesday if all goes well with the skin graph. The ortho surgeon said that Bill should be able to recover from all is broken bones and with therapy have good use of his limbs. Bill is a very strong and determined man and I have faith in him being able to recover from all his injuries. As I've said before time is what he needs to most of.
Natalie (Bill's Mom), Alan (my Dad), Dominique, Alexis and I were able to attend church today. A nice Elder was kind enough to bring the sacrament over for bill to partake of. Thanks so much to Brother Jeremy Bates (We were shocked to find he had our last name). Then Sister Brenda Snyder invited us to her home for dinner and we had a nice time getting to know her and another Sister named Nancy. They are so wonderful and have offered to help all of us while we living in Denver during Bills recovery. I am so grateful for the gospel and the amazing systems in place to assist when it is needed.
I sound like a broken record...... Thanks to all for the prayers, love and support!
Love back to you all!
~Christine & Bill (he said hi today to everyone and thanks for taking such good care of Christine)

1 comment:

TR said...

We're praying for you! what do you need? I have lots of friends and relatives in denver...