Today has been a long and extremely busy day for Bill. It started off with physical therapy and being moved to a chair to sit up for an hour. Then staples and stitches were removed along with his central line taken out. We then were able to see and talk to the trauma, neck & spine and ortho doctors before being transferred. He took a very short ride to the new acute care hospital just around the corner. Thankfully everything went quite smooth and he is now resting comfortably.
I really have been trying to pay attention to each move Bill makes and I honestly can say he makes small improvements each day. Today he moved his right arm and he could open his fingers on his right hand. This is something he couldn't do yesterday so I am thrilled.
We are learning more about this new hosptial and will soon find out what to expect here.
I want to thank my father Alan for being here with me and helping me stay calm. I couldn't do it without him right now. Thanks Dad!
Love to all!
~Christine
If you want to mail anything to us the best way is:
Bill Bates
c/o Yaffe House
3700 West 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80204
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What great news! Sitting up and movment in his fingers!
Thinking of you often and praying for peace for you! Tell Bill Hi from the McInellys! This is great that he is moving more.
Post a Comment