He had an ok night but his fever has gone up to 103.5. The pneumonia could be causing his fever so to find the source of any other infection he may have, they just got done doing a cat scan of his pelvis, chest and abdomen. We should know the results by the end of today.
He continues to open his eyes but he has a disconjugate gaze which means his eyes fail to rotate or track together simultaneously. They say that should improve over time and especially once he starts to focus and get off of so many medicines. I have been very concerned about him being in pain so they explained to me that they give him enough to be comfortable but they do need to cut back on the heavy sedation so they don't cause long term damage.
I just spoke with his Mother and he has lifted his head twice today. The 1st time it was about 1 inch and the 2nd time it was about 3 inches. She said it looked like he was trying to sit up. When he is awake he continues to follow orders and respond to yes/no questions.
I am so grateful for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ, his life and for the atonement. If Bill could talk he would want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!
~Christine
Friday, December 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Christine,
You don't know me, but my husband, James and I were friends with Bill (and Dave) when they lived in Halifax Nova Scotia.(like 20 years ago!)
I just heard the news of his accident through the grapevine and was directed to this blog for an update.
Just wanted you to know that we were shocked at the news and are praying for him (and you).
We will be checking in for updates on his progress.
Lis (and James) Drage
Christine,
I always hate everyone telling me during times of crisis "these experiences will only make you stronger", but I testify to you they truly do. Heavenly Father is in control, and if we rely on Him He will give us the strength to put one foot in front of the other. On the days when we can't take another step our Savior will willingly carry us and the burden.
Love conquers so many things and it is evident the love you have for Bill and the love he has for life and your family will see you all through the days ahead. Hold tight to that bond.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Sharon Field
Hi Christine, I knew Bill when he lived in Nova Scotia. I also know Lis who commented above. We found out through Jan Murrin who is also a great friend I just wanted you to know that our family is praying for him. Thank you for the updates. I know through experience that the Lord grants many miracles. Keep the faith and stay strong. You are not alone
Christine,
Trust in the doctors at this time also. You really don't want Bill to medicated. I completly understand your concern for is pain level, but he also has to be able to come around.
We continue to pray for you all everyday. Have you also had a blessing of comfort? The blessing I was given helped me so very much then and still does today.
Know that you are loved, and please do call me any time!
Sandie
I am thankful to know that Jan Murrin is aware of this. I tried to contact her, but apparently I haven't the right information. I know she was close to Bill. Thank you. Wendy.
Post a Comment