Tuesday, December 22, 2009

the accident......

I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know what happened to Bill. He had been working in Colorado and driving from one job to the next when he was in a head-on collision. The accident happened in a small town called Burlington which is on the Colorado/Kansas border. From what I have been told he was not wearing his seat belt and was ejected from the truck. The truck rolled and he was pinned under it. After they got him out they flew him to Denver to St. Anthony Central which is a trauma 1 hospital. The first 12 hours were very touch and go but he is now stable and has a very good chance of survival. He has had a few surgeries to fix the many broken bones in his body and is on a machine to help him breathe. Hopefully he only has 1 more surgery to fix this right upper arm. They are concerned about infection so they have him on antibiotics. Because of the trauma to his body they have had him heavily sedated but they are now changing the medication so he can start waking up. He has wiggled his left arm and both of his legs. Also, he has opened his eyes for a short period of time. Thankfully he has been given 3 priesthood blessings and I know many are praying for him. I was in Denver for 3 days and now his Mother is there. My Father will be going to Denver when his Mother leaves. Dominique, Alexis & I are in Utah with my family and we will be going to be with him shortly. I do appreciate all the love and support everyone is giving us at this time.
~Christine

1 comment:

Sandie Husker said...

Know that you are in out thoughts and prayers daily.

We love you and your family, and want nothing but a good a full life for all of you.

Call me any time!

Sandie Canick