Today started with using my new high rise toilet seat :)
I went to therapy and accomplished a great feat I climbed up and down 4 sets of stairs three times. I had to take a few breaks by sitting down on the wheelchair, but I did it!
After the stair climbing event I was shuttled downstairs to have my hand brace modified. The old brace would not allow my hand to close into a fist, because it was a little to high on my palm. They also modified my palsy brace at the same time, when they made the brace originally I had bandages and lots of swelling, so it needed a little resizing.
I was eating lunch as the transport guy showed up to take me to X-ray. Down in X-ray I faced a new challenge. The X-ray staff needed me to stand up. I have always used my walker; in X-ray they did not have a walker. I managed to stand up against the X-ray machine. I then had an easier afternoon of therapy.
Therapy consisted of stretching my knees and right shoulder. I got a chance to relax before dinner and watch a little TV afterwards, then blogging and off to bed.
Thanks again for the prayers, faith, love and cards.
Bill
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
May I ask what a palsy brace is?
Looks like you are improving more every day. It will be so nice to have you back in Omaha. Maybe Russ and I can come by some day so that you two can meet.
Love to you and yours
Sandie
My radial nerve was caught up in the fractures and as such my hand will not raise back and is limp all the time. It is called a radial palsy.
the palsy brace forces my fingers to be extended and hold my fingers and wrist straight. I'll post picture later.
hope it holds ALL the finges out strait not just one!
WOW!!! That is wonderful progress.
Post a Comment