Happy Valentine’s Everyone!
Today was a lazy Sunday. I got up at 6:00 to take medication and the Nurse told me to look outside, it was snowing like crazy. It worried me because Wendy was due to fly out early this morning. Wendy, Rodney, Samantha and Owen stopped by around 7:00 to say their goodbyes. We hugged and they left, Wendy to the airport and Rodney and family to Utah. Thanks for all the help and love guys. Wendy, you are missed already!
I was able to get up and with a little help have a shower. After the shower I caught a short nap. Mom had to come in to wake me up. It seemed like she turned on a light that said, “Visitors Welcome,” because after she came in I had several people come in.
Brother Taylor, from the stake here and another Brother from the Ward came to give me the sacrament. Brother Taylor stayed for a while, this week his wife spoiled me with homemade banana bread. Thanks!
Next the doctors felt it was their turn to visit, then nurses with their students in tow with medication. I laid back and dinner was at the door. Pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, I even got one of the hard to get chocolate chip cookies.
Mom watched as I showed her how I get my shorts on with the help of a grabber. We then went for a long walk. I was in the wheelchair while Mom walked along side me. I used my heels to propel me from my room on the 5th floor to the elevator’s, down to the 1st floor. Out of the elevator and down the hall towards emergency then to the main lobby and back upstairs to my room, all in all it was about an hour or so. It really stretched my legs, but helped me when I went to get back into bed.
Richard, the best CNA here, helped me brush my teeth and got me back to bed.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Bill,
Made it home safely, weather was no contest with Denver. There was no snow after I left there and it was even mild when I landed home.
I miss it there already too, lots of good people and was more then happy to help you and hang out with you. Love you lots, Wendy.
Post a Comment